With products and services created and supported by science and access to a large supply chain network, Road Science provides a complete roading solution.
Smart camera on Te Rapa
13 July 2021
Our smart camera located on Te Rapa Road has been monitoring multimodal traffic usage (including cyclists and pedestrians) for six months. It's so clever it can detect traffic volumes, speeds, lane utilisation and traffic type. Take a look at the useful information we’ve been able to extract so far!
Great work Katarina Gage!
1 July 2021
Matariki is a special occasion in the New Zealand calendar which marks the start of the Māori New Year.
Signified by the Matariki cluster of stars reappearing in our night sky, this is a time to reflect on the past year, celebrate the present, and plan for the year ahead.
We would like to share what Matariki means to our Technical Implementation Manager, Nik Vishwanath.
30 June 2021
We’ve had feedback that you would like to know more about our products...so this will be the first in a new series named 'Product Spotlight.'
The first product we would like to tell you about is Enviro Bind a specially designed emulsion used in stabilisation of basecourse.
About the product
The emulsion is milled into the basecourse using conventional equipment. The small bitumen particles in emulsion disperse very easily and readily attack and bind up fine material in the basecourse.
Why Enviro Bind?
The industry has limited success with unbound materials and cement stabilisation with a number of rehabs lasting less than ten years. Lack of water proofing has been a common theme in unbound basecourse and there is significant evidence showing that cement bonds in cement stabilisation will break down over time leading to waterproofing issues.
Emulsion stabilisation can be easily applied and offers superior water proofing to other technologies. This means lower failure rates and less maintenance.
• Faster to construct (recent trial using Enviro base was constructed two days faster than cement which paid off the additional cost of the emulsion
• Better finish - binds up fines and allows for stone mosaic surface - better adhesion of seal
• Better water proofing - uses half as much bitumen compared to foam bitumen (1.5% vs 3%) and at 1.5% it provides better coating and water proofing than foam
• No cement/dust on site
• Can be used with conventional equipment
• Some SH sites were left unsealed for two months without blowing out like other patching options (better productivity for sealing crews doing patching)
#productspotlight #roadscience #basecourse #Downer